hik-connect

thebaz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have been trying for hours now to connect to hik-connect without success. I have a DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P
V3.4.95. It would seem that all the youtube and tutorials are for earlier firmware and there are inconsistencies with what I am seeing in menus. Connecting through IE will not work with Hik-connect and my android devices state that the device does not exist. Hopefully someone has conquered this before and can help me.

thebaz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well, I got this sorted out. There is so much contradictory information. Previous versions has a verification code on the label, newer units have a user verification code. PPPoE was enabled and there was no info that this would cause problems so it took a long time to find this was a problem. Once I got through all this, connection was easy, but considering there has been so many changes in procedure, the Hikvision tutorials could be a lot more comprehensive and detailed in the necessary steps as well as clearly stating that "This is the procedure for models after xx date or firmware xx"
Anyway, at least it is working now.