Hik Connect

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Curious, are folks using this when they enable their cameras?

SamM

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes. Works well however I'm still concerned about their "cloud" service. Recommend openvpn and using ivms4200 for android or ivms4500 for IOS.

John Williamson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My preference is to use iVMS or Hik Connect but using the IP/Domain to connect rather than the cloud service. Unfortunately if you do that in iVMS the alarms do not push directly to the app (only to the notification area in iOS initially) and in Hik Connect they won't work at all.

JohnP274

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes. Works well however I'm still concerned about their "cloud" service. Recommend openvpn and using ivms4200 for android or ivms4500 for IOS.
Sam, I lost ability to get intrusion alarms on my Andriod phone using the IVMS4500 but the rest of my family still get them on their Iphones....do you think I should try the IVMS4200 for my Android? If so where can I download that? Do not see it on Google Play or Hik websites

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sam, I lost ability to get intrusion alarms on my Andriod phone using the IVMS4500 but the rest of my family still get them on their Iphones....do you think I should try the IVMS4200 for my Android? If so where can I download that? Do not see it on Google Play or Hik websites
IVMS4200 is for computer (Windows/Mac). On mobile, you have to use IVMS4500 or Hik-connect.

JohnP274

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply but now I'm still confused why my family members with iPhones are getting the alarm notifications but me with the Android am not receiving them. I'm thinking the older version of IVMS4500 worked and the newer version doesn't for some reason. Any ideas?

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply but now I'm still confused why my family members with iPhones are getting the alarm notifications but me with the Android am not receiving them. I'm thinking the older version of IVMS4500 worked and the newer version doesn't for some reason. Any ideas?
Check the permissions that IVMS4500 has, so it can work on the background, so it can show notifications, so your Android will not kill the process if it is sitting too long idling, etc.

Or go back to the old version that worked ok for you.