Hik DS-2CD2032-I will not accept video setting changes

sharpegary

n3wb
Reaction score
New member here...
Anyway I have a DS-2CD2032 that I have installed, I need to make some video streaming changes, but the cam will not retain my settings.
It has been installed for a month now. The first few weeks the views were perfect at the default settings, but now there is a lot of noise and it is very grainy. I can login (with IE) and set the video/audio parameters to 15 FPS and 1024 Kbps, save the settings (successful save) and the stream is perfect, then about five seconds later the camera reverts back to default at 30 FPS and 32 Kbps.
Talked to Hikvision earlier today and the said to get the new plugin, I did and it still will not save any changes.
I can do this with Onvif device manager, and it does retain the settings for a few more seconds, however; it still reverts back to the default settings.
Any ideas to why this is occurring?

Here is what I've figured out....
Hikvision DVR DS-7316HQHI-SH is our NVR, connected to an Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I, through 2 EnGenius ENH500 in WDS bridge mode (150 meters apart). I've been tinkering with the bitrate on both sides, and something is not right. I set both sides at 1024 kbps. Both will retain these settings for different periods of time, anywhere from five seconds to five hours and anywhere in between. I even had them both retain those settings for two days, but no longer. When they revert back the bitrate is 32kbps. A grainy feed with a lot of noise.
I've spoken with Hik support twice now, and the settings will retain while they stay on the remote session, and seems like when they end the session a few minutes later, things revert back.
Gonna call them again today and see what they say...

Last edited by a moderator:

ibkickinit

n3wb
Reaction score
Ever get an answer to this? Having the same issue with one of two identical cameras.

sharpegary

n3wb
Reaction score
Ever get an answer to this? Having the same issue with one of two identical cameras.
Yes...I did...
And I apologize for not posting the fix.
I experimented with everything, and finally...I changed the record quality bitrates on all cameras to 950, or something close.
Voila, Everything has been clean and clear every since those settings changes...
Basically, it's a bandwidth issue...

kozmo2k

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you have a Hikvison camera connected to a Hikvision NVR, added using Admin login/pasword, every time you change a setting for the Camera, using the Camera's web interface, the setting for that Camera saved on the NVR will take precedence, i.e. it will revert back to it.
Best way to change the Video settings for the Camera is through the NVR's web inteface.

Sent from space

nocalmike

n3wb
Reaction score
If you have a Hikvison camera connected to a Hikvision NVR, added using Admin login/pasword, every time you change a setting for the Camera, using the Camera's web interface, the setting for that Camera saved on the NVR will take precedence, i.e. it will revert back to it.
Best way to change the Video settings for the Camera is through the NVR's web inteface.

Sent from space

Thank you! I thought I was losing my mind, I would change the settings in the web interface and within minutes, hours or days it had reverted back.

Last edited: