Hik DS-2CD2232-I5 housing question

MATHO

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there,

I am new on this board and have purchased a Hikvision system here in Germany, was not really cheap.
After weeks of learning the system now does all that I want......
Included in the package was a HIKVISION Bullet DS-2CD2232-I5 (12mm) with 3 MP Outdoor 23,2°
which has cost nearly 300 Euros.

I have found out that the 12mm lense is not the optimal one, so I have decided to purchase an additional camera of the same type but with a 4 or 6mm lense to increase the angle.

I found this camera in AliExpress for 85 bucks incl. shippment to Germany and this is a bit better than the german price.......

Now the additional camera came in but the bracket is different.

Currently I have this one mounted to my house which has a rear bracket: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I86TMCK/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=1944687662&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00MO7JL8Y&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1JHBMZAB5B3492R76VKT

this is what I have got now and this has a totally different bracket: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I86TMCK/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=1944687662&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00MO7JL8Y&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1JHBMZAB5B3492R76VKT

Because the mounting position is very high - I need a big ladder - and I want to replace the current camera with the new one I have one question:
must I change the housing or must I purchase another camera??

Thanx in advance for your answers

Thomas

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
I have one of these cameras. It came with a free bracket. It is an "L" shaped wall bracket. The screw attachments were underneath the camera. From what I recall when I installed the camera, I pretty sure that screw attachments were standard size camera mounts. You can check this if you have any standard camera tripod type of mount and see if it fits your camera. You should be able to use almost any security camera mount if it does. Does your camera have a screw threads on the bottom of the camera?

Last edited by a moderator:

MATHO

n3wb
Reaction score
yes, the new camera does have those threaded bores and a L-shape bracket was enclosed. But I want to use the current bracket-system, the bore distances of the L-shape are different to the current ones and I do not want to rework my wall (it has been restored 6 weeks ago).
The question again: do I need a different camera or am I able to change the existing bracket from 1 to the other?

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
yes, the new camera does have those threaded bores and a L-shape bracket was enclosed. But I want to use the current bracket-system, the bore distances of the L-shape are different to the current ones and I do not want to rework my wall (it has been restored 6 weeks ago).
The question again: do I need a different camera or am I able to change the existing bracket from 1 to the other?
Okay, now I understand your question. Since I don't have that mount I'm not exactly sure. But I went out and looked at the back of my camera and I see there is a standard thread mount on the back of the camera. That must be how your camera is currently attached to your mount. I'm guessing that you can simply unscrew your current camera and then just screw back in a replacement camera.

MATHO

n3wb
Reaction score
I've done it and I am really happy. It was so easy!! Solution: I changed the front parts (parts with lense and IR-lights, only 2 cable connectors) from one camera to the other.