Hik NVR and cameras - where to go next

rfeyer

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, Am having a little information overload - have been reading about Msomething 5 and 6 changes to cameras (assuming via Linux) and other camera NVR issues - I am starting to loose it! Thank god for people like you all, ,though.

So, with the help of aloise, I reverted my bricked (?) NVR back to working condition with a 2.3.11 FW

My NVR is fro AliE, my cameras are all from AliE (12 of them). 9 are older (5.0.2), 3 are with new FW (5.2.5).

Since upgrading the NVR FW from 1.+, I have had nothing but problems: Currently, only the newer cameras are without problems, the older ones either do not let me make changes (resolutions etc) - probably because of Webcomponent issues, and others let me make the changes, actually change them, have the changes reflected in the NVR, but hours later the changes are back to the old resolution which were assigned by the NVR when I upgraded the FW.

My question at this point is, how to proceed:
a- change NVR FM back to something below 2.?
b- change the Wecomponents in all the computers again?
c- change the firmware of all the cameras to something above 5.2 ad take a chance of having to hack them - but someone would have to help me with the process as I only understood parts of whoslooking's instructions - and I do have a Linux laptop which I use to control some of my homemade electronic panels but m far from Linux proficient?

Rainer

rfeyer

n3wb
Reaction score
Just to add:
All the above mentioned cameras work very well with IVMS-4200 and BI from PC's. Also, I have changed settings such as auto-resolution / HDMI without change.
When I restart the NVR, it can actually show different cameras working than before.
WOuld it help to go back to an older version of the FW? If so, where could I get pre- vs2? Hikeurope starts at 2+

rfeyer

n3wb
Reaction score
Finally
all fixed - after experimenting with multiple setting changes and FW changes: installing FW 3.0.10 fixed everything

Rainer