HIK NVR, Normal playback not showing events (DS-7608NI-I2/8P) Notifications working though

jam_rs

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

First time poster for here, here goes!

Ive upgraded my NVR from a HView one to a HIK DS-7608NI-I2/8P, Firmware V4.22.005 Build 191208 which I'm very impressed with, interface, hardware and performance is so much better than the other.

So set up is using HDMI output.
Continuous recording set up and all working.
Events set up for motion detection. Event alarms appear on the bell in the GUI, as does notifications get sent through to the HIK app on my phone.

Any how, my issue is that on normal playback on the time slider it just shows the continuous recording and no events.

If i do a custom search, it shows it as you would expect.

Screen shots as follows:

IMG_0371.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg

I really can't get my head round this. Ive searched settings etc and just don't understand whats not right. Ive spent a good few hours on it. Done various searches and struggling! My old cheap NVR done this bit perfect but the rest was trash!

If someone can explain why its not doing it that would be great!

TIA

Last edited:

venturis

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just tried this on my 7608NI/I2-8P using the latest firmware just posted in the last day and I am able to review both continuous or events only but clicking the "Normal" or "Smart" button at the bottom of the playback video.

If I click on the "custom" button I get a prompt popup saying that I need to configure a custom search criteria first.

The timeline changes from blue to red markers. The playback jumps time to each marker location when in "smart" playback mode.

Admittedly this is the first time I've seen this working properly. Maybe its something they fixed in this latest firmware update?

jam_rs

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Venturis,

When you say latest firmware, what version are you on?

Based on HIK site download for firmware, my firmware is the latest?

venturis

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks Venturis,

When you say latest firmware, what version are you on?

Based on HIK site download for firmware, my firmware is the latest?

The latest firmware was posted by Hikvision in the last couple of days. It is now version 4.40.010. I updated today and everything seems to be working fine including the event playback you were asking about.

I know I tried using the local playback previously but couldn't say for sure if there was any issue but certainly the current (new) firmware works just fine.

I generally only ever use the Web interface. That's where the event playback still does not work properly as far as I can tell. However, using iVMS4200 Version 3 works very well for event playback.

jam_rs

n3wb
Reaction score
Right OK, so ive upgraded the firmware and still no better.

My only last thought is that im not using HIK Cameras, but i really can't see that being the reason.

They connect to the NVR via the HIK protocol, they are HView ones.

Edit, have also downloaded iVMS, does not show the event markers!

Maybe the HView camera is just not compatible with sending the event marker to the HIK NVR?

Last edited: