Hikevision DS-7608NI-E2-8P Playback via Web GUI

T_BOLT

n3wb
Reaction score
I have had 3 DS-2CD2032-I cameras for several years and I did the NAS drive for storage. It is where I had to do the workaround in partition of a large drive into 3 partitions etc., It worked well but every couple of months I would have redo it because the NAS would lose connection.

So I purchased the DS-7608NI-E2-8P. I had the 3 Hike cameras connect to it and it is ok, but when I go to the NVR web GUI and select playback it says no recordings. I can go to the NVR menu. I can access the recording from there.

How can I not access the playback recording from my laptop? I am able to do everything else in the GUI.

I also did this set up as I did not want the cameras on a different subnet. (NVR 10.20.30.30 and POE interface 10.20.40.1). I connected the NVR to router and my POE switch to router. I attached the cameras to the POE switch as I had prior to purchasing the NVR. In the NVR I manual added the cameras to the same network via my old cameras IP (10.20.30.x,) I even was able to add 1 Armrest and 1 Foscam cameras this way also. I was able to view all the camera via the NVR Web GUI with laptop.

I prefer this method to have everything as my main network, but I was still getting the message "no recordings" when in browser playback but when going to the NRV and access playback at the NVRI am able to look through recording. It is recording continuously.

Thanks in advance for ant help in this.