Hikivision ds-7204hqhl-k1

Chrisjess

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there I have recently bought a Hikivision ds-7204hqhl-k1 setup online and when plugging the dvr in the light is just flashing white for a while then going of with no light when I unplug this and try again this is doing the same thing only one time it flashed red at the same time I have tried connecting this to my TV through a hdmi cable and pc cable with no luck could someone please help thank you in advance Chris

Attachments

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
  • Does it have HDD installed? If so, try to power it up with the HDD unplugged.
  • Are you using the original power supply that came with the unit? It is 12VDC at how many amps? Try it with a different power supply that has the same amps.
  • I put this the third, but for me it would be at the top; send it back for a replacement.

Chrisjess

n3wb
Reaction score
  • Are you using the original power supply that came with the unit? It is 12VDC at how many amps? Try it with a different power supply that has the same amps.
  • I put this the third, but for me it would be at the top; send it back for a replacement.
Hi thankyou for your response yes this does have a hdd fitted and unfortunately this is not the original power supply but I bought a 4 pin adapter end and connected a 12 1.5amp flug to the adapter would you say this is more likely going to be the problem I am unsure about these leads thankyou

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Remove the HDD and try without it. 1.5A seems too low, but it should be enough with no HDD.

What 4 pin adapter did you buy? What 12VDC are you using, and are you sure that the polatiry is right? (it most likely is)