Hikvision 2032i Lens Change

dfhawk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here is a hik 2032i I recently modified for a dedicated LPR and a recent snapshot from the camera (see below video I made to outline the steps - be kind I'm not an engineer just a hack:)).

The 25mm lens is from (only for the 2032i and not for the 2032f):
IR nightvision 25mm CCTV Camera Lens S mount M12 5MP F2.4 1/2 format-in CCTV Accessories from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

For a 16mm I would recommend (only for the 2032i and not for the 2032f):
Sunvision CCTV HD 5MP 16mm Monofocal Fixed Iris 17⁰ AOV Board / M12 / MTV Lens | eBay

Attachments

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Bradmph

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This is great news to come across since I want to replace the lens in maybe 3 cameras. They are 2032i's 3MP and where I mounted them is now realized that they are too far from the target for a sharp image. I like the idea also of a dedicated camera for LPR too and I don't want to use my huisun 10x PTZ for this. Mine are 4mm lens and need to make a decision on a 6 or 8 or 12mm update.
Did you have any issues with setup in BI or on the web page for the cameras since they had new lens or the settings a simple change from multiple choice answers?
How did you know which lens were compatible with the Hik 2032i's for your purchase? Do you have any suggestions for 6 or 8 or 12mm lens?
Great video, this update will help me from having to buy new cameras now.

Last edited:

dfhawk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So glad to hear it will help! The software doesn't change so BI functions the same before and after a lens change. I purchased quite a number lenses before I found what worked, and coincidentally I just purchased the 6,8 &12mm from: Sunvision CCTV HD 5MP 6.0mm Monofocal Fixed Iris 53⁰ AOV Board / M12 / MTV Lens | eBay
(or all from the same vendor). I personally have used the 16mm from this shop and it's great - I will let you know how the 6, 8 & 12mm work in a week or two!

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

dfhawk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Last edited:

dfhawk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Snapshot of 'plate' capture from my converted 2032 with 25mm. The camera is approx. 100-120 feet from this passing car.

I'm not sure if there are any forum rules against posting actual license plates (of the unaware) so I thought this was safe. Actual license plate captures looks pretty sharp and I'm fairly pleased with the outcome (at night).

Attachments

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@dfhawk I'd love to watch the embedded videos you posted in this thread but they're no longer available. I'm planning to do my first Hik Turret lens swap and both your "outlining the steps" and "lens samples" videos would be really useful. Any chance you still have them? Thanks!

dfhawk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
aesterling - sorry about that - uploaded direct to this site (vs a link to youtube). Please feel free to contact me with any questions. Good luck!