Hikvision 32 channel nvr with external hikvision poe switch

Rahm101

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

im new to this forum, i have a hikvision nvr 32 Channel with a POE switch which is 60 m away. I have eight cameras connected direct to the NVR and eight cameras connected to the PO switch. I can see all the cameras on the NVR but what I have noticed is that cameras on the PO switch? I have an IP address starting with 192 and the cameras connected direct to the NVR, start off with 10 address I have two up link ports on the POE switch up one goes to lan connection on the back of the NVR and uplink 2 goes direct to a modem which is for the Internet but I have noticed that there is no Internet connection and hikconnect is showing offline

I have also updated the NVR to the latest firmware and the cameras that are connected to the POE switch are at the latest firmer to the back of the NVR which are on the Tenant address are still on a older firmware level

What is really puzzling me is why hick connect is showing off-line yet the Internet goes direct to the up link port 2 on the POE switch

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I was hoping a Hikvision NVR person would help you but 12 hours later, not so, so I'll try (I use Blue Iris VMS on a PC):

The cams plugged into the NVR's POE ports will be on a different subnet (10.XXX.XXX.XXX) from those cams on the LAN (192.XXX.XXX.XXX) so as to keep them away from the Internet and so that's normal.

The cams on the LAN and the NVR's LAN port should all be on the same 192 subnet.....insure that the NVR's LAN is initially set to DHCP, unplug from LAN for 30 seconds, then plug back in, maybe it'll get an IP from your router.

Report back.:cool: