hikvision app problem

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ok so i couldnt view the cam outside the network with iphone 4.so i tried my brothers android phone.he said it worked for a couple of days then now he gets "receiving data from device timed out" i then got tinycam pro for my android tv device.outside viewing works on android tv device for tinycam pro.is it the hikvision app that isnt working properly? i would love to get the hikvision app to work so family members can access the remote playback feature when away.

hikvision ivms-4500 app settings

register mode - ip domain

address - public ip

password and username is correct.double checked

port 8000

router - tp-link archer c5

hik.jpghik1.jpg

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
it´s not the best app . but we can try to help I guess. . Just a quick first question (hopefully not necessary) =) . You only have one camera or several ? .. I was just thinking about the port number how you have it portforwarded or your camera got it´s own public IP maybe ?

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Right now I only have 1 cam installed.cam's ip is 192.168.1.10 I went to ipchicken to see public ip.that public ip was put into the hikvision app.local viewing works great but outside of network does not.does tinycam pro allow remote playback of videos from cams sd card storage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok. If you do not have any port-forwarding set up on the router, then that´s the problem. Just port-forward you port 8000 from your router to your camera ( 192.168.1.10 port 8000) , then your external IP will work when you are off site as well.
The other solution which is perhaps easier is to use
the app EZVIZ ( although I am not a big fan of it), it´s very plug and play and you'll get it up and running in no time.

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A my bad did not see your pictures until now . ok well that looks alright to me anyway. I used the same type of setup and that worked just fine. The app is not 100% perfect really but you shouldn´t have any problem connecting . If you have a DVR / NVR or a computer running a NVR program , try portforwarding that one as well and see if you can connect to it perhaps ?

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
here another annoying thing that happens to a few.
check if you still have the same public IP number. some (wankers) ISP's change it randomly . ( normally not )