Hikvision Branded vs OEM (DS-2CD2342WD)

Carcus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have recently been testing a Hikvision Branded camera vs Hikvision OEM and noticed a feature difference.

The Branded camera has an Auto WDR feature vs the OEM with only the on and off switch.

Is anyone aware of how to get the Auto WDR feature on the OEM cameras?

Thanks in advance.

Carcus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
you have send a screenshot of the BLC. I also have an OEM with 5.4.4 it is missing auto under the WDR options.

Carcus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am aware of that.

If you take a look at my screenshot it shows 3 options under WDR. On, Off and Auto for Hikvision Branded cameras.

I have found that the OEM firmware only has On and Off options.

I want to know if others are aware of this and if there is a firmware with Auto available. From reading the forums i'd gather that there is not.

Carcus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok that's cool but I do like the Auto option and I am looking to get the feature on OEM cams.

Carcus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What I like about Auto is that it turns WDR off at night. WDR at night gives a bad image.

Does BLC automatically turn off at night?

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
when you use the WDR...don't go over 15...as far as I remember from the 5.3X. BLC will not turn off at night. try BLC then WDR. see which one you like the most..but sometime depend on the location too.

Carcus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK thanks for the tip. Auto WDR would be great to have.

Although I find WDR much more effective on the Chinese 2345 cameras than the 2342's.