Hikvision cameras recording directly to NFS OMV 7.0-24

GAM

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been recording to SMB shares on a Pi3B successfully for a number of years using build in samba support in piOS.

I've now setup a Pi5 with Openmedia vault. I want to try NFS instead of SMB.

Is anyone able to confirm if they have this working ok with hikvision cameras and if so kindly share their Hikvision Net HDD settings and also the NFS share settings on OMV? I'll take my screenshots and post in the morning. I've been using linux/raspberry pi's successfully but i'm going round in circles with this.

many thanks in advance

danny_com

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you manage tu setup the pi5 with openmediavault as NFS Nas? I want to make a similar setup but could not make it till the end. I have past the test in HDD storage configuration, but then when I try to format in HDD management I got formatting failed. I think it may be some issue with the permission in OMV but not sure what, as I set everything to read/write

Thanks in advance

GAM

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @danny_com

Yes I had it running for about a month. I struggled with the syntax / path. I used the following:

export/cam1/

It sounds like you’ve already passed the test though. I won’t be able to check my settings for about a week though as I’m not currently using the pi5. I can confirm it worked fine though.

danny_com

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @danny_com

Yes I had it running for about a month. I struggled with the syntax / path. I used the following:

export/cam1/

It sounds like you’ve already passed the test though. I won’t be able to check my settings for about a week though as I’m not currently using the pi5. I can confirm it worked fine though.
Hi, yes my first issue was with path syntax, but now that this is resolved I have to figure out how to be able to "format" the folder from the camera management, because I try all day diferent configurations and nothing worked. From my pc l can create files folders with the same user so not sure what else can create this issue. If you can share your configuration, when you can, would be great, I will try this week more, but not sure I can fix it.

GAM

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @danny_com

As mentioned I won’t be able to check settings for about a week, but i have just found some screenshots I took - these were a working configuration. This was after troubleshooting and testing after reading various forum posts.

hopefully these will help, please let me know if this works

IMG_1982.jpeg
IMG_1981.png

danny_com

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, today I finally find out what was the issue with my tests using the camera and NAS from RPI with OMV. Because I use some USB drives of less than 10G, the camera cannot process the formatting of the space. So, it is very important to have a MIN space and a MAX space on shared folder. For now I just test 256 GB and works fine.

Thanks for help!

GAM

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, today I finally find out what was the issue with my tests using the camera and NAS from RPI with OMV. Because I use some USB drives of less than 10G, the camera cannot process the formatting of the space. So, it is very important to have a MIN space and a MAX space on shared folder. For now I just test 256 GB and works fine.

Thanks for help!

Thanks for help!

Ah glad you found the issue I’ve not experienced that as I’ve always used hard drives. All the best