Hikvision Cameras Running Hot When Using POE

brookshire

n3wb
Reaction score
I just purchased my first 2 Hikvision cameras:

DS-2CD2432F-IW Cube Camera
DS-2CD2342WD-I Turret Camera

Whenever I power these cameras with my new WIFI-TEXAS WS-POE-12-48v60 POE Injector, the cameras (especially the 2342) get really hot. I tried powering both cameras with a regular 12V power supply, and they both stay about room temperature.

Is it normal for the cameras to run hot like this when powered with POE?

This POE injector is 802.3af.

Thanks,
Gary

LaurentR

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I don't know if it's "normal", but I have the same cameras you have and a 4026 box camera, all running on PoE, and they are all hot (especially the 2342 and the 4026). Haven't tried to run them on DC.

Last edited by a moderator:

brookshire

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't know if it's "normal", but I have the same cameras you have a a 4026 box camera, all running on PoE, and they are all hot (especially the 2342 and the 4026). Haven't tried to run them on DC.
Is your POE provided from a POE Switch, POE Injector, or a POE NVR?

LaurentR

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Some use a Netgear GbE PoE switch, the others a "proper" TP-Link GbE injector.

I can check the temps tonight. I believe my box cam is ~50C on top, which is quite hot.

Last edited by a moderator:

brookshire

n3wb
Reaction score
Some use a Netgear GbE PoE switch, the others one a "proper" TP-Link GbE injector.

I can check the temps tonight. I believe my box cam is ~50C on top, which is quite hot.
Thanks! I would be interested to know if other people's cams are getting as hot as mine.

LaurentR

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Checked this morning with a IR thermometer:
Ambient: 24C
4026: 44C
2342: 34C - IR blaster off. No difference between Netgear PoE GbE switch and TP-Link GbE PoE injector.

brookshire

n3wb
Reaction score
Checked this morning with a IR thermometer:
Ambient: 24C
4026: 44C
2342: 34C - IR blaster off. No difference between Netgear PoE GbE switch and TP-Link GbE PoE injector.
Thanks for taking the time to check that. Looks like mine are running a little hotter.

Reaction score
My 4 series Hikvision cameras get very hot and concerned about this as well. The POE supply doesn't make a difference (NVR POE or TPlink).
The surounding of the 4A26 is hot to touch same with the base of my 4526. When I was testing the cameras, I left the 4A26 on desk for a week and when lifted it up, the base must have been 45degrees..
Find the smaller 2 series cameras dont get as hot.