Hikvision cameras - "Wi-Fi connection with Hik-Connect directly is not possible"

Cristihan

n3wb
Reaction score
So far I have used Hikvision Wifi cameras with 2 and 4 Mpx (DS-2CD2021G1-IDW1, DS-2CD2041G1-IDW1) because the wifi connection to the Hik-connect platform was very convenient. For a while, the same camera models can no longer connect via Wifi to the Hik-connect platform, only via cable on LAN. This is also specified on the official Hikvision website. "Wi-Fi connection with Hik-Connect directly is not possible" ... One of the users who asked for answers from Hikvision received the following answer:
"
Dear customer,

Your device model is DS-2CD2021G1-IDW1(2.8mm)(D). So sorry to tell you that the wifi camera with D at the end of the model only supports wired connection to HIK-connect. If you connect to wifi it will not support to use Hik-Connect.

Thank you.
best regards
"

This is not true because I have a Hikvision camera without (D) that does not connect with Wifi to Hik-connect platform. The same camera model bought last year connects to the Hik-connect platform without problems. I wonder if a downgrade to one of the previous versions for this camera model would not restore the wifi functionality for connection to the Hik-connect platform ?!

Attachments

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
More info here:

ste92

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
sorry, I would also need some wifi cameras with hikconnect, I found these models:

2CD2041G1-IDW1

DS-2CV2041G2-Idw

DS-2CV2046G0-IDW

DS-2CD2051G1-IDW1

so there is no model that works with hikconnect?

ricajay68

n3wb
Reaction score
Please I need a reset password for my HIKVISION
DVR DS-7208HWI-SH
With serial # 477513301

ste92

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Please I need a reset password for my HIKVISION
DVR DS-7208HWI-SH
With serial # 477513301
what does it have to do with the question I asked?
what does it have to do with this topic ?????