Hikvision ceiling mount (need cable gland)

Vault

n3wb
Reaction score
I've bought the ds-1259zj bracket to mount my dome on the ceiling, however... I need a cable gland/fitting to bring the network cable inside.

The bracket looks as this; as you can see it has an opening with a cap on it. I think it's M25 screw?
original-hikvision-mini-dome-camera-bracket-ds-1259zj-.jpg

I've visited numerous DIY / construction shops and couldn't find a gland which fits.

Any idea what i'm looking for? And how to manage this? I'd like to have it like this:
IC-DS-1280ZJ-S.jpg

Brad_C

Banned
Reaction score
That's a standard conduit fitting. Most electrical supply places should have them. The Hik cameras I have here all came with a gland for that designed to take a flexible conduit.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
1/2" Pipe Thread more than likely, for electrical its not tapered on the end if IIRC, so its called npsm instead of npt

go to a brick and mortar store and see what threading fits, then source a gland online to your requirements.

Last edited by a moderator:

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
1/2" Pipe Thread more than likely, for electrical its not tapered on the end if IIRC, so its called npsm instead of npt

go to a brick and mortar store and see what threading fits, then source a gland online to your requirements.
This. I had the same issue. Lowes should have them, mine were in little bags on the shelf with the conduit fittings. You may need to ask them for assistance finding the correct size, the Lowes in my area had no real rational for what shelf they were on. Specific sizes were all mixed in with other parts and I was about to leave and go hunting online before I found someone to assist. 1/2" and 3/4" I believe were how mine came.

Also just an FYI bare careful how tight you twist that one there. When I first put mine on, I couldn't use that ring that makes everything look flush because I twisted it so tight that the rubber gasket started to bulge out and wouldn't let that ring sit properly. Had to back off and loosen it and even now its still a pretty tight squeeze trying to push it up and twist it on. I learned with all subsequent installations to screw the gland in and then test that ring prior to mounting that bracket since its such a tight fit once its already mounted.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
the Lowes in my area had no real rational for what shelf they were on.
The one in my area has color coding of sizes on the boxes, so if you stand back you can see Red/Yellow/Blue bars on the boxes of parts and each color is a different size... its not obvious and nobody who actually knows electrical stuff will point it out to you.. but always check the packaging because the wrong parts get mixed into boxes all the time and it sucks ass to drive back and exchange it for the right one.

The color coding saves you from having to check all the boxes because they dispersed the size you need all up and down the isle.

once I learn the layout of a hardware store it becomes my store and I know more than most employees, unless I need a fork lift I dont like asking for help but I basically grew up in a hardware store.

Vault

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you all for your reactions. As I live in Europe (the Netherlands), those company names are unknown to me. However, the ones over here should be quite the same ;)

I really appreciate you all for responding and I will have a look next time I'm at the store.

Today I've attached two of these brackets. I managed to wire the cables through wood so the cable could get into the junction box from the upper side hole. No cables are seen this way. Let's say I had a bit of luck.
Will mount the cameras on them later on.

Btw; have any link to the right product I'm looking for? Apparently I am/was searching for something i didn't need.