Hikvision difference between iDS and DS models?

mjonline

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all.

I have searched the product definitions and web for documentation stating the difference between iDS models and DS model NVRs and cameras.
Can anyone tell me?

I am looking at switching to Hikvision due to many issues including available firmware, aging mobile app, AI features etc.
I am pricing DS-7700NXI PRo series NVRs and iDS cameras for ANPR and Wide Angle applications in particular.
I see refences to iDS both in cameras and NVRs just wondering the difference?

I see that iDS in cameras mostly applies to DeepinView models like the (iDS-2CD7A46G0/P-IZHSY )but they also list multiple Value Series DVRs that start with iDS. Also there are iDS-7700NXI models listed in the Compatibility list but none of those models come up in search on Hikvision.

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Its rather compilcated, I in IDS stands for intelligent. BUT Hikvision as they are had to put some of those features inside normal NVR's because iDS were more expensive back in the day.

Now days you will find DS and iDS models containing functions that only iDS supposed to have. Hence there is no clear answer i suppose. Use datasheet comapre tool that hikvision offer. And get yourself what you really need.

All i can say their new product line is M serie which is atm the strongest hardware serie hikvision offer.

Cheers.