Hikvision Door Controller with 3rd party Readers

ZePrez

n3wb
Sep 26, 2016
Hi

Pulling my hair to have an Hikvision DS-K2604G work with HID readers. They (Hikvision USA) say that it should work with HID Prox readers.. Connected via Wiegand. So far no luck. The HID miniPROX readers show as "offline" on the door controller. I connected the HID SIgno 20 on Wiegand, same results, then on RS-485, same (bad) results. Of course Hikvision readers show online, no issue. read cars, etc... either on Wiegand or RS-485.. Plug and Play on the door controller side.

Customer has recently acquired thirty (30) HID Signo 20, for their facility and want to use the mobile BLE application. They also want to move to Hikvision Access Control system, for better integration with their Hik-based surveillance system.

Any pointers? Anyone has successfully integrated Hikvision door controllers with 3rd party readers?

Your input will be much appreciated.

Best.

Only thing that comes to mind are wiegand settings are not matching up.

I had problems with HiD readers as well in the past. Some just didnt want to work, as like their wiegand wasn't standardized.

Hi

Would you share the Wiegand settings that work? WOuld be much appreciated.
AS for RS-485, any experience?

Best.

485 is manily hikvision protocol, i wouldnt dive in that much as it wouldnt work.

Wiegand has to be either 26 or 32 bit, without any encryption set.

Data to be only UID of the card nothing else

Reactions: ZePrez
485 is manily hikvision protocol, i wouldnt dive in that much as it wouldnt work.

Wiegand has to be either 26 or 32 bit, without any encryption set.

Data to be only UID of the card nothing else

Does the basic miniProx reader has no dip switch.. They're supposed to output Wiegand, would they work with Hik readers or door controllers?

I am bit surprised that Hik door controllers are so "proprietary.

Thanks

A lot of those HID readers use programming cards to set modes. Which I had to do to make them work on DMP systems.
Can you elaborate a bit? A quick google search about "programming cards" for HID readers reveled nothing...
Thanks in advance

Best.