Hikvision Doorbell DS-KB6403-WIP - WIFI and unbind issues

mdmd

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

,I recently bought a house which had Hikvision CCTV system in it and the owner didn't leave any passwords or unbind the NVR or Doorbell which wasn't helpful and now I cant contact her. I manage to use SADP tool and email Hikvision for the reset code and got back the CCTV.

I'm having issues with the doorbell. We have a new router as the the previous owner removed hers. The doorbell cant connect to WIFI. When i do a reset of the device (15 secs button press) and its say something like" Wifi configure mode" I scan the QR code and met with a screen

"doorbell has been added to ***@emailaddres.com

The only two options are Apply for sharing, and unbind device. No options for WIFI connect so i can scan it with the SADP tool to export the reset file as its not connected to the local LAN.

Any ideas how i can connect it to WIFI if its already been bound to an account?

Many thanks

Mike

mdmd

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, i have and get and error about the device not being on same LAN. (so needs to be on wifi i presume)

johnfitz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I figured you did... noticed you posted the same question on another site... I'm sure someone here or there will get you sorted out... that other site is UK based like yourself and have lots of knowledge on Hik doorbell products... best of luck in the new house!

(help at the other site arrives 9AM Monday your local time)

mdmd

n3wb
Reaction score
thank you :) worse case scenario ill have to buy a new one, the CCTV is all ok now so its not a major hassle just a shame.

mdmd

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorted it in the end, the instructions are different from all the online help and manuals, as it’s an older camera maybe they changed it.

if anyone else has this query, in the hik vision app, go to “more” and configure network. Then scan the QR and use camera on doorbell to take pic of generated code. I was adding the device from the main screen.

I’ve got the export file to reset to send to hikvision

johnfitz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Then scan the QR and use camera on doorbell to take pic of generated code.
I've only set up 2 doorbells and never needed to recover a password.

I get the scan the QR code part... but using the camera on the doorbell to take pic of generated code... How did you figure that out? Nice!

Reaction score
Hi Mike, i just read this long discussion on wifi connectivity issue with Hik door bell, its great you resolved it with online help. I have also read somewhere HikVision DS-KB6403-WIP enables video identification and intercom communication via the Hikvisions free Hik-connect App. Hope you get QR code scanning solution from the same.