Hikvision DS-2CD2542FWD-I External network issues

keeper

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

I'v just installed one of the new Hikvision DS-2CD2542FWD-I 4mp dome CAMs.

I have a network issue with it, all the network settings are the defaults.
I can connect to the camera on my internal network.
If I try to connect to the EZVIZ P2P network it says the camera is not online.
Using the network tool on my MAC i can see the open ports, i have set up port forwarding
on my router.
However if i then test the ports from a port testing website it says they are closed.
I looks like somehow the camera is blocking external traffic?

iVMS-4200 connects fine internally, i've tried turning my firewall off etc.
I use SecuritySpy software an a Mac, i can access remotely via the software but wanted direct access
just in case of any Mac issues.

Can anyone offer any suggestions to gain access via my dnsdns account?

Many Thanks Phil

secplus

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm having the exact same issues with a cube DS-2CD2432F-IW camera, I can see internally but not externally, although I opened the ports for the camera, if I find a solution I'll let you know.

secplus

n3wb
Reaction score
ok, I figured it out!! You must set the primary DNS the same IP as your router, do not use the ISP DNS, take a look at this screenshot, hopefully this will help you.

Capture.JPG

keeper

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

I tried that and its still the same, also using the setting and changing the port number wipes all of the network settings.
If I look on the open ports test tool it reports - closed.

I think this is looking like a firmware issue will call the supplier in the morning.

Cheers.

secplus

n3wb
Reaction score
hey, after I made this post this thing actually disconnected and I'm still trying to figure it out. The NAT problem I also have. If you get a solution please post it here, I'll do the same If I find something.