Hikvision DS-2CD2T32-I5. how to show it in a iframe? and how to see it in chrome?

Reaction score
Hi!

I have installed a Hikvision DS-2CD2T32-I5 cam and it is visible here: http://95.254.198.177:8080/

I cannot find out how to:
1) show it in chrome... it asks me to download a webcomponent, an activeX for Internet explorer only
2) show the image inside an iframe. No login required, no plugin required.
is it possible?

thanks all in advance for your answers.

copex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
the latest version of chrome dose not support NPAPI plugins - wait for hikvision to fix it or use firefox or IE

Reaction score
thanks you!

so let me recap (just checking I understood):
this cam does not provide a HTML5 stream, so I need a plugin to view. And this plugin is not Chrome-compatible. Next firmware updates might include HTML streaming, but no guarantees about it.

Trick:
- connect a fast PC to internet,
- run VLC
- connect VLC to the stream
- transcode stream on the fly
- create a site pointing to this stream (DDNS can help for this)

is it correct?

i tried the command
"C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" rtsp://anonymous:***@95.254.198.177:8080/ :network-caching=1000 :sout=#transcode{vcodec=theo,vb=1600,scale=1,acodec=none}:http{mux=ogg,dst=:8181/stream} :no-sout-rtp-sap :no-sout-standard-sap :sout-keep

but i could not connect to the stream. what am I doing wrong? the cam is accessible here 95.254.198.177:8080..

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
thats the webURL not the RSTP stream, you need to find the stream path for your camera and input it into VLC.. ie, my dahua cameras use: rstp://username:password@host:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0

and your never going to get a Chrome plugin, cameras will have to start supporting HTML5 video or no video, thats Chrome's stance and its a pretty good one given all the infected computers flash left us with.. they pretty much killed 3rd party plugins all together thanks to malware.

are you setting up a webcam or something? most people dont want the whole world seeing there cam.

Reaction score
are you setting up a webcam or something? most people dont want the whole world seeing there cam.
i am setting up a camera for monitoring the seaside. it is OK the whole world seeing it :)

ok thank you for your support.

i'll try to find out the RSTP address, waiting for new firmware updates and this new feature html5 streaming capability.

thanks a lot!