Hikvision DS-2CD7A26G0/P-LZS Camera Keeps Rebooting

cwamala

n3wb
Reaction score
We recently purchased 2Hikvision ANPR cameras Model :DS-2CD7A26G0/P-LZS but for some reasons when we connected to NVR Model: DS-7616NI-Q2/16P, the cameras keeps restarting every 30 seconds either when connected directly to NVR PoE ports or via D-LINK PoE+ switch.

NVR is running Firmware Version: V4.32.11O build 211009 and Camera is running Firmware Version V5.6.12 build 200709. Anything advise on how to resolve this?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is usually the result of the camera not getting enough power.

You have tried two different power sources - try only one camera at a time and see if it will stabilize.

How long is the distance from POE to the camera?

If not, then look at the cable and try replacing the cable. Are the cameras already installed or are they inside where you can try a known short cable.

cwamala

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, I had already tried them on different cables and also connected them with new Industrial standard 3 meter patch codes. The strange part is when I add these to another NVR model (DS-7608NI Q2/8P), they work perfectly well.

Also if I assign a startic IP address these two without adding them to the NVR, they do not reboot themselves constantly and can be accessible via the camera web Interface.

I would rule out power and patch code issue.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh in that case, it sounds like the cameras are more capable than the NVR you are connecting to. Not all NVRs are created equal. This happens in that event as well.

cwamala

n3wb
Reaction score
Forgive my igorance, I was starting to believe that perhaps this camera model and its firmware is not supported on newer NVR Firmware Version V5.6.12 build 200709

cwamala

n3wb
Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance, I was starting to believe that perhaps this camera model and its firmware is not supported on newer NVR Firmware Version V4.32 build 200709

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It could certainly be that as well. But it is probably the NVR cannot handle it. That NVR is rated at 160Mbps incoming bandwidth and 80Mbps outgoing, so if it is loaded with too many high MP performing cameras, it probably cannot keep up. Just because the specs say it can handle 16 cams, doesn't mean it can do so....

As a test, downrez all the cameras to a low resolution and see if it stops - if it does, then you know you are overloading the bandwidth of the NVR.

We see this all the time. Usually when the cams are downrezed, the system becomes stable.

cwamala

n3wb
Reaction score
It is only those two cameras connected to this NVR, nothing else. Forgot to mention, when same NVR was running firmware V4.30, these two cams were working on same NVR but not so sure who triggered the upgrade to v4.32 and they stopped working.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is a bummer. A common theme around here is never update unless it is fixing a known problem you have. Too many instances it breaks the unit.