Hikvision DS-7608NI-E2/8P

Samee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys as I currently have a Hikvision ds-7608ni-SE/p (not knowing it was an old model) I have been having issues ranging from abnormal shutdown to motion detection email issues. Now I have tried everything to resolve the abnormal shutdown issue with I don't want to put up with in the event it does miss something when it's needed most.

Therefore I'm now considering purchasing a Hikvision DS-7608NI-E2/8P. I currently have 5 Hikvision ds-2cd2032i cameras which I will be using. I need to know the current issues if people have any with the nvr.
virtual host would be ideal, I currently use motion detection areas, line cross detection and intrusion detection.

with the old ds7608ni-SE/p model, I did not record the intrusion or line cross detection events but only motion. Will the new nvr be suitable for me?

your thoughts are always welcome.

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think the issues you would be more concerned about would be the firmware version installed on the 7600NI-E2 series, rather than the actual hardware itself.

Because of this, problems depend on the firmware version.

If you get a 7600NI-E2 series now it might come with 3.3.2 or 3.3.4. The email attachment issue on these is still unclear. Unless you happen to get an older version running 3.0.8 or 3.0.10, which is generally a stable release.

Samee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Should I still use the ds 7608ni-SE/p and forget about the ds7608ni-e2/p? I did tell hikvision about the email issue and they said a fix would be issued its been over a month now and no new firmware. The abnormal shutdown they will not help me with unless I purchased from a distributor not via Amazon UK.

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Some people have gotten email notification with attachments to work in 3.3.4. Might be worth a shot if you decide to get the E2 model.

Not surprisingly. The only support you would get is from the seller you bought it from.

The abnormal shutdown alone would be a reason to ditch the SE/P model IMO. That would be a big waste.

Samee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry did not think I made it clear I am going to send back the 7608ni-SE/p and purchase a 7608ni-e2/p.

sounds like a good idea? Need to know ASAP emails are becoming a pain, now it's somethings does not send any images, sometimes 2 or 1.

DemonicHawk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
As Michelin said, the issues are dependent on firmware (even if you get an E2). I can tell you that with v3.3.4 on the E2:

-You can record on motion, VCA, or both
-Email alerts work, except there are no attachments for VCA events
-Virtual-host is available

If you really need attachments for VCA events, you can configure the cameras themselves to send you email alerts (since you have virtual-host). But the downside to that is you won't be able to limit the number of emails you get (i.e. Email Interval Setting on the NVR).

Samee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, just a quick question how would I get the cameras to email me VCA alerts? I have been trying but the only way is to connect it to a external Poe switch. Is there another easier way I'm missing?

DemonicHawk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No, you don't need an external POE switch. Just enable virtual-host and then update the gateway on your camera to 192.168.254.1 (or whatever your NVR internal address is). That will give your camera access to the internet and subsequently allow email alerts from the camera.