Hikvision DS-7616NI-Q2/16P died - no boot

archjeb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Folks,

I have a 7616NI-Q2/16P that was working fine since December 2019...and today it just died. The power supply appears to be powering up, the fans are running...but no video output on VGA nor HDMI port. No Ethernet Link, and all the POE ports are dead. Taking the cover off, there is only a red LED on the mainboard that is lit.

Any ideas on this? Has there been issues with this particular NVR in the field?

Thanks,

-J

archjeb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I verified that the power supply is indeed working and supplying 12VDC to the mainboard and 52vDC to the POE supply side. But the board will not power up. So board is indeed the issue.

archjeb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Also, tried disconnecting HDDs and nothing. They do have 12vDC to the HDD...but no +5V? i.e. Yellow and black +12vDC...but Red & Black nothing.

Is this a common issue on these 7616's?

Thanks.

LauraYuan

n3wb
Reaction score
It should be a POE issue. I have seen poor connections, particularly issues such as corrosion/verdigris on the RJ45 camera connector socket cause odd POE symptoms. Have you proven, perhaps with another camera, that your HikVision NVR is in fact not outputting POE?

archjeb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Main board is bad. Will not boot. PoE 48v DC is just fine from the power supply. No VGA, no HDMI...dead.
Sent it in for warranty and Hikvision replaced the bad mainboard...

-J