Hikvision DS-9008HFI-SH NVR?

ibwhite

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,
I have been back and forth about getting an i7 with BI, or going the NVR route. I do already have a few analog cameras that I would like to play with, and ran across a eBay listing for a hybrid unit that has input for analog and can run IP cameras at a decent price; http://www.ebay.com/itm/252588947219

I have not seen much here on the DS-9008HFI-SH NVR - thoughts? Specs seem great for what it is, and apparently this generally a pretty expensive unit new. Am I correct that this will not run non Hik IP cameras, but any analog cameras should be fine, correct?

Thank you for the help in making a decision. Excited to dive in!

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
As good as it might have been 6 years ago (you can see on the sticker that it is from 2010) I would stay away from it.

Outdated firmware/interface. Limited IP camera support. It is not even a wide screen unit (video format is 4:3). You can only record 4 channels at 720p, or 2ch at UXGA (which is 1600x1200, almost 2MP). I do not even know if it supports 1080P (1920x1080). Not even sure if it is 25fps on the analog channels.

That is one old beast, but not worth it. If you do have analog cameras and need to keep them, you are better with a 8ch analog Hikvision DVR (which you can use as an encoder, it doesn't even need a hard drive), and a 16ch Hikvision NVR (which will allow you to record the analog cameras from the Hikvision DVR). But current units, not outdated staff.