Hikvision DS-HD1 doorbell cam

ExTechjunkie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the Hikvision DS-HD1 doorbell cam? I'm tempted to try one and tired of fighting with my AD110 which only works with Alexa immediately following a restart. It seems feature-for-feature compatible and ups the ante with 5ghz wifi. My main asks are:
powers from existing/legacy transformer
ONVIF with motion events for NVR (PIR detection included is a plus)
bell-press that can be answered via phone app with two-way talk
"show me" feature (and two-way talk) working with Amazon FireStick & Echo Show.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Jayseaman

n3wb
Reaction score
I recently installed this camera for my front door. It was discovered easily by Blue Iris using ONVIF and seems to be working well. It is powered by the original doorbell power, there was a little dongle that you need to install inside the existing doorbell so that the camera gets power all the time. It was an easy install and the existing doorbell rings exactly like it always did.

I'm a little disappointed that there is no provision for PoE. The only option is WiFi. The signal does periodically dropout for a few seconds at a time. I see multiple log entries in BI that the network was restored. I suppose I'll have to improve the WiFi quality in the vicinity of the doorbell to remediate that.

The HikVision mobile app does alert on motion detection. One of the things I like about BI is that you can tell it to record for some period BEFORE the motion detection. It does detect cars driving by on the road, so I'll need to mask the detection zone but I haven't gotten around to that yet.

The bell press does ring on your phone, and you can see who is there and talk back

I have no info for you about Echo Show

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I recently installed this camera for my front door. It was discovered easily by Blue Iris using ONVIF and seems to be working well. It is powered by the original doorbell power, there was a little dongle that you need to install inside the existing doorbell so that the camera gets power all the time. It was an easy install and the existing doorbell rings exactly like it always did.

I'm a little disappointed that there is no provision for PoE. The only option is WiFi. The signal does periodically dropout for a few seconds at a time. I see multiple log entries in BI that the network was restored. I suppose I'll have to improve the WiFi quality in the vicinity of the doorbell to remediate that.

The HikVision mobile app does alert on motion detection. One of the things I like about BI is that you can tell it to record for some period BEFORE the motion detection. It does detect cars driving by on the road, so I'll need to mask the detection zone but I haven't gotten around to that yet.

The bell press does ring on your phone, and you can see who is there and talk back

I have no info for you about Echo Show
From our 101:

⦁ If your Doorbell stops streaming every 3 or so minutes, see these post - cba123 - misally, misally