Hikvision DS-HD1 toubleshooting

Nolesfan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have installed close to 30-40 of these doorbells, and have had zero issues until this situation. I have tried replacing the doorbell with a brand new one thinking it may be an issue with the doorbell itself. The issues still persist. I have also tried to configure the doorbell with two different Samsung android devices (Samsung Z-fold, and a Note 20 ultra)

All Ubiquiti network gear -

Motorola SB modem -->Edgerouter X-->Unifi US24-250w POE switch --> Couple Unifi AC Pro APs, Dahua 5216 NVR, (15) Dahua 5442ZE turrets.

The doorbell configures fine and works great for 2-3 days, then the clock on the display and within the Hik Connect app changes to GMT from CDT. I have tried editing the timezone details in the Hik Connect app, and it does not affect/change the time displayed within the Hik app, or on the doorbell cam feed (ONVIF) fed to the Dahua NVR. The other issue that I am experiencing is when I am onsite for the customer and configure the doorbell, it rings her mobile phone as intended.. but a day or two later she reports that when people ring the doorbell, it does not communicate with her phone and provide alerts that someone is there. If you go into the Hik Connect app and check, it does show the activity/door being approached and rang. If I reconfigure the device it then works perfectly again for a day or so, then falls off.

After reaching out to Hik tech support, they claim that there is another device that is causing the conflict within the network and changing the clock on the Hik doorbell. I have checked all other devices active on her network (including the cable modem) to ensure they are set for the correct timezone, as well as checked the Ubiquiti gear, Edge router and they are all set for CDT as well.

I have several other customers, with the same NVR, network gear, and doorbell and they work flawlessly. I have used the same doorbell at my own home for approx 2 years with my Unifi gear and they work as intended as well.

Any suggestions on what I may be missing, or what would be causing the issues in this situation?

Thanks,
-tim