Hikvision DS-KB6003 password issue

Richk1974

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Been lurking for a bit and found some really useful hints and tips whilst I get to grips with some CCTV and doorbells.

I now have a problem however with the KB6003 doorbell from Hikvision. I purchased about 18 months ago and installed. Had it working very simply, no recording, wasnt even configured for remote config on app, but it did what I needed. Then last week I found I had a bit of time on my hands so thought I'd sit down and sort out the doorbell config. Purchased an SD card and had it firing images to my nas via FTP, playback was great, and I accessed the web interface to play with settings. All was good. All was great. Then I turned off power as was doing some electrical work and when I turned it back on the doorbell has lost its password. The password had been working fine for a number of days as I played with the config.

I've tried everything. I've tried the password reset tools on here, Ive tried via SADP, I even updated SADP, the doorbell was on latest firmware, I got to the page where you answer your security questions that I set up ages ago and they are all correct but it wont accept a new password (all the questions are green ticked, I know my parents names ;-)). I've sent files to Hikvision support but they just send back 3 videos on youtube which are next to useless. I've also tried to reset password function on the app but it doesnt recognize QR code. I've even tried admin + verification code but that doesnt work either.

I've googled and read and just cant seem to figure it out. Does anyone have an idea??

Without the password I cant access the doorbell online and change config.

Thanks in advance for any ideas,

Richard

MayorGeo

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you tried deleting the device, close the HiK connect app, then open the app and adding the device? You will go thru the process and have to input the verification code just like the initial setup.

geo

Richk1974

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you tried deleting the device, close the HiK connect app, then open the app and adding the device? You will go thru the process and have to input the verification code just like the initial setup.

geo
Yes, but the problem is the device (doorbell) has already been activated, so it bypasses the admin and verification code input.

MayorGeo

n3wb
Reaction score
I should probably say that I just use the HiK connect app on my iPhone not a computer to access the doorbell. If you are losing access via a rtsp link, you might want to confirm the router's ip address of your doorbell and use that in the rtsp address.

When my doorbell loses the connection to the router, the device in the app showed it grayed out. One way to get it back is to cycle the power to the doorbell. The router password that is saved in the doorbell will usually bring it back online. If it doesn't work, I delete the device in the app, cycle the power on the doorbell, then manually add the serial number into the app and hit the save icon in the app. That takes me to a screen to input the verification code. Then I'm good to go. My damn doorbell loses the router connection it seems when I have a lot of traffic on the router. I even installed a switch over the door to cycle the power to the doorbell.

MayorGeo

n3wb
Reaction score
I forgot to say that there is also a reset button under the doorbell cover. Push and hold the reset button for 15 seconds and it will get you in the setup mode.

Richk1974

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you, I will give this a go once I resolve my constant ringing issue. Wish I’d left it alone.

Reaction score
Did you ever get this resolved?
I have similar issue where I'm trying to recover the password on my KB6003 doorbell, have tried multiple options to no avail, contacted support and they tell me they do not deal directly with end users, have tried resetting but never get the option to enter a validation code.