Hikvision DS-KB8112-IM Door intercom and SIP support?

archjeb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Folks,

I have a DS-KB8112-IM Door intercom that I'm using to stream video near the front door to my NVR. I'd like to integrate this to my SIP server (asterisk) and setup a dial plan so it will call an extension when the button is pressed.

What is weird, is using the iVM-4200 software (Mac OS), I can see under the 'remote configuration' Network->FTP config a SIP server IP address (which is weird anyway of why it would be listed under FTP....) At any rate, there is a field for a SIP server, but there is no other fields for the SIP secret. Under Intercom->Device Type it is set as a 'Door Station'. Not sure if the mode between Door Station and Door Phone changes the configuration menu options or not?

Is there a way to make this work with a SIP server?

Thanks.

-J

archjeb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Interestingly, if I use the Windows version of iVMS software, the is more options and the SIP server configuration is correctly in a different tab (Linked network Configuration) compared to the Mac version which placed it erroneously in the FTP configuration. But I still don't see a secret key field for the SIP server?

doorcam-windows.jpg

archjeb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Opened up a ticket with Hikvision...and it looks like they do NOT support a 3rd party SIP server at this time :confused:

archjeb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Unfortunately, those menu options are not available on the DS-KB8112-IM, just the models listed in the pdf in your link.

Hikvision support said they may add SIP support in the future, but no commitment :confused:

Jolouis

n3wb
Reaction score
We are thinking about trying to implement this at our new office as the DS-KB8112 is one of the few commercial grade/tamper proof door phones that also integrate a control relay.
(Most of the other door phones I've looked at are residential/plastic units that don't have any ability to release a strike).

Did you ever try just putting your SIP server information into the door phone and seeing what happened? In Asterisk an extension/device doesn't have to necessarily register with a username/password, you can configure it to be granted access based purely on IP restrictions. So assuming you have the device set to a static IP on your network you could restrict the SIP profile to that IP and see if Asterisk accepts the call?

Although Hikvision said they don't support 3rd party interfacing that doesn't mean it won't work, it just means they don't want to deal with the hassles of integration testing, support etc....

Also as an update, I did some more digging today and found this:

Apparently this is EU customized firmware that adds basic support for 3rd party SIP calling. I'm not sure quite how that interacts with the other notification methods (HikConnect, IVMS, etc) but it seems the configuration fields are at least there...

Last edited:

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, i have an ds8003 and indoor panel also...
I have installed freepbx and registered the indoor panel as a sip user...
But I am lost now, where to configure when someone presses the doorbell , that the indoor panel must also call another sip client? Do o need to setup this in ivms? Or on hikvision?

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hi @Jolouis or @archjeb

did you guys ever succeed? i have an 8003 outdoor, i entered in SIP server, the correct settings > registered state
in "number settings" page in ivms , i entered there a SIP number to call

but when i press the doorbell button, the SIP is not called, i also dont see any debug info in my PBX, so that means the 8003 doesnt even try to call a SIP number
i am missing something, just dont know what

thnx!