Hikvision DS-KD8003-IME1 door station crashes NVR when added

thebaz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I recently added an intercom kit, a Hikvision DS-KH6320-WTE1W with a DS-KD8003-IME1 door station to my house. I have been running a Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P, Firmware V3.4.95 build 170626 since 2017 without issue.
I have managed (after some serious battles) to get the intercom to work with, Hikconnect, IVMS 4200, 4500, and view the NVR cameras on the indoor station as well as view everything on my phone and have my phone respond when the door bell is rang. I had the door station viewable as well as recording and playback on the NVR but it eventually kept crashing. Now if I add the door cam to the NVR it freezes straight away. I was advised that it could be the NVR firmware is to old, but I am hesitant to update the firmware in case it bricks the NVR. I am trying to get a response from the local ebay seller I purchased it from as Hikvision will not support any ebay purchases and am hoping for a reply. In the mean time any help from those who are experienced with this type og thing would be really helpful

Raven123

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you ever resolve this ?
Struct exact same problem today, With a DS-KH6320-WTE1W with a DS-KD8003-IME1brought just today.
Its done it on 3 different HIK NVR's. They are about 3-4 years old and can give models / firmware etc ...

thebaz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Raven123,
I spent a bit of time on this and never got anywhere. I even tried to get the door cam to work on onvif, but could not get that to work either. Everything works except getting the NVR to work with it. I thought it was not worth the risk to upgrade the firmware as the door cam is the only thing that does not work so i have given up at this stage. I would love to know if you get any further. I have a friend with the same setup but later firmware and his works so if you let me know the firmware you know does not work for you I can cross reference it/

Raven123

n3wb
Reaction score
My comment "Its done it on 3 different HIK NVR's. " INCORRECT.
All 3 NVR's are a similar age. 1 does not have the problem, and its FIRMWARE is clearly a later version than the other 2. So suspect this is a FIRMWARE issue.

The first NVR I am going to update is the same as yours.
My details.
Device Type Software Version DSP Version
DS-7608NI-I2/8P V4.1.11build 171204 V5.0, build 171115

HIK NVR's seem to be more regionalised than other kit I have worked on. And I am scared of bricking it as well. Mine is a legitimate New Zealand NVR import sold by Atlas Gentech.
Will provide update as soon as its done.

thebaz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My comment "Its done it on 3 different HIK NVR's. " INCORRECT.
All 3 NVR's are a similar age. 1 does not have the problem, and its FIRMWARE is clearly a later version than the other 2. So suspect this is a FIRMWARE issue.

The first NVR I am going to update is the same as yours.
My details.

HIK NVR's seem to be more regionalised than other kit I have worked on. And I am scared of bricking it as well. Mine is a legitimate New Zealand NVR import sold by Atlas Gentech.
Will provide update as soon as its done.
Thanks for the Reply Raven,

I would be very interested in how you go with the firmware upgrade.Is the one you are upgrading on ver 4.1.11?

Raven123

n3wb
Reaction score
Did the firmware upgrade on 1 of the NVR's. Fixed problem.
On the NVR that is the same as yours I believe.
So from
to the unzipped upgrade file which is called "DZ_K51_EN_STD_V4.40.017_220126"
Used the
https://www.hikvision.com/au-en/
site which is for Oceania I believe.

Watched some vid's first. No one seemed to do it on the NVR directly, but through iVMS or other solutions.
I did it directly on the NVR.

thebaz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That's great news and I at least know now that it is a firmware issue. now I have to decide whether I am prepared to brick the NVR as I can't get any info on the origin of the NVR as the seller is no longer on ebay as does not repond to emails. Did you do anything special when you upgraded the firmware. I think I read something regarding doing a factory reset first to make sure it was not password dependent as some have said that their password no longer was accepted after upgrade. I downloaded firmware a while ago, Version: V4.40.017 build 210830, and I just downloaded the version you used. Are you going to do the other NVRs? I am alos wondering if i can upgrade in one go or do I nee to do it progressively. Thanks for your help with this

thebaz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
BTW, if I click "Update" in my browser or IVMS, I get the reply, "not detect new version. the current version is the latest" Apparently ugrading from 3x to 4x can be a problem