Hikvision dvr updates process completed yet the version remains intake

unisolgr14

n3wb
Reaction score
I cannot change anything on my dvr settings. When it reboots I get the same previous settings(not the factory default). I even cannot change the password it get the same previous password after reboot. I have tried updating the firmware yet it retain the same previous version. I think the flash memory of the dvr is not writable now. I have tried tpft firmware update process it goes upto the stage where the firmware file is transmitted but it does not step forward to update the firmware and loops along the same thing again and again. The Dvr model 7208HGHI -SH current version 3.1.7 , I have tried upgrading to 3.1.8 and 3.1.9 but totally in vain. When connected through serial rs 232 ttl usb cable I got junk characters on the putty command proft

Reaction score
I cannot change anything on my dvr settings. When it reboots I get the same previous settings(not the factory default). I even cannot change the password it get the same previous password after reboot. I have tried updating the firmware yet it retain the same previous version. I think the flash memory of the dvr is not writable now. I have tried tpft firmware update process it goes upto the stage where the firmware file is transmitted but it does not step forward to update the firmware and loops along the same thing again and again. The Dvr model 7208HGHI -SH current version 3.1.7 , I have tried upgrading to 3.1.8 and 3.1.9 but totally in vain. When connected through serial rs 232 ttl usb cable I got junk characters on the putty command proft
Hi. Did you ever get any where with this issue. I have the exact same unit and problem. Got a feeling the flash memory wont let anything write to it.