Hikvision DVR "Upgrading failed"

Th3Xtr3m3

n3wb
Oct 2, 2023
SA
HI ALL

I have a iDS-7208HQHI-M2/S - Current Firmware (V4.26.011 build 201109) .. i am having issues where i need to reset the config every couple of months to get the Intrusion detection triggers to fucntion, hence wanting to try update the firmware.
  • I searched on Hikvision website and when i search for my device model .. nothing is found ....
  • when i google my model i get to a page iDS-7208HQHI-M2/S that shows firmare and release notes , i check the release notes and confim my exact mode is in the supported list ...
  • trying to update the DVR from GUI or IVMS results in a failed upgrade with "Upgrading failed" when trying to upgrade to Firmware__V4.75.011_240625_S3000582857

1. am i doing the upgrade correct ?
2. I procured mine in South Africa , but cant find this version on the regional download list the ony one i see is for Europe , could that be teh mismatch ?

Upgrade via BatchConfiguration Tool. Or run web interface via IE and plugin and then try to upgrade.

Does your DVR in SADP toolshows WR(World Region) in the long serial?

Ive tried batchconfiguration tool , it failed as well leaving me thinking that the file is not compatibel

Serial : iDS-7208HQHI-M2/S0820210426CCWRF74179996WCVU

nope IE mode in Edge and IE plugin on Chorme has the same issue "Upgrading failed."

steps taken
  • google "iDS-7208HQHI-M2 firmware"
  • open iDS-7208HQHI-M2/S
  • download "Firmware_Europe_V4.75.011_240625"
  • file Firmware__V4.75.011_240625_S3000582857.zip is downlaoded
  • unzip file and put digicap.dav in seperate folder with confirmed r/w acces
  • logon to DVR via GUI using admin account
  • navigate to System/Maintenance
  • Upgrade - browse for digicap.dav file , and press Upgrade
  • confirm tro proceed
  • Progress bar stays at 0% in Chrome , in IE tab it times out after a period giving the "Upgrading failed." error

so what am i doing wrong :)

Thats not working either .. is there a way i can enable debug logging to see what the actual error is aka is it a firmware mismatch or is there a probelm with my deivce or any better clues

Well, there is , running ssh and then debug command. But sadly you would neeed someone from hikvision to generate you password to enter debug.

If i were on your place, i'd probably flash it using serial cable. But well i can survive bricking few of those :)