Hikvision firmware advise please

neservice

n3wb
Reaction score
Gidday all

I was wondering if you good people could offer some advice on updating the firmware of my cameras, I am in South Australia

I have a DS-2CD2355FWD-I running V5.5.53 build 180802 firmware, firstly it seems we have different numbers in AU, this is a camera purchased through the Australian channels, i noticed on the AU distributors site only have up to 5.5.83 , am i ok to use the firmware on the EU site? the latest being 5.6.4 Build191224?

I also have a couple of older cameras being the 2332-1, these were purchased from Aliexpress many years ago and have not been updated since, i understand i could run into trouble updating these as they were more than likely Chinese versions with English firmware, should I leave these alone? or is there a way to update them as well?

Thank you in advance

lewic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hikvision's products are region locked. You could try to update the firmware but it would probably give you an error when you upload it to the camera. It could brick the camera is the wrong firmware gets uploaded to the wrong camera. I would double and triple check before doing any firmware upgrades.

lewic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was talking about Hikvision products in general. You cannot take a firmware for one region and install it on a device for another region. It will give you an error when you try to do it.