Hikvision ip camera lagging (freezing) solved

cpg36

n3wb
Reaction score
First time posting but I hope this helps out. I have a Hikvision nvr MS-8816NI-I2/16P V3.4.91, Build 161220 equivalent to a DS-7616NI-I2/16P nvr. I have a total of nine ip cameras four DS-2CD2385G1-I, two DS-2CD2035FWD-I, two DT385G and a DS-HD1. I started having one camera freezing every few seconds and some times the monitor will show digitize colors on that slot. So I started troubleshooting, first checked for IP conflict all good and then cable, even reterminated both ends. Still no luck even played with all types of settings values. so I order another camera same model and still freezing problem so I knew it had to be the nvr D5 position. Forgot to mention I’m using a 24 port Poe switch and all the cameras are connected to the 24 port switch. so what I did next was I left D5 with the original IP address and then added another camera on the nvr (same camera just changed IP address) so it became D10 slot and problem solved. D5 shows camera offline. Yes I know I used up a camera slot but I got rid of the freezing. Keep in mind it‘s a 16ch and only planning on adding one more a PTZ camera.