Hikvision issues with live view and posibilities

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello Guys,

I want to share my experiences here, as a hikvision installer for more then 15 years now.. Wondering if there are others, experiencing same as we do each day.

Most of the times, using the cloud ( p2p ) hikconnect app to view cameras, i set( network to DHCP ) gateway 8.8.8.8 , create hik conn account, add device and go.
The problem are

- Status going to offline without reason,, after reboot, or just RE enable cloud its online again, or changing gateway
-. its soo laggy, sometimes not even loading , get stuck around 87% need reboot NVR, but after 3x asking this to client, its over
-. Basic settings like TIME,, or formatting the harddisk cannot be done by the user. ( ok with hik pro conn, but then device needs to be shared
etc, why should i as installer have to to those things ?)
- Backup of files, just 3 minutes download available.. image you need 20 minutes of 5 cameras...

- POrt forwarding is not safe, and it kills many futures of the NVR ( like NXI models and some cameras ) those options not available
-= After a factory reset, or ip change you need give support again ..

trempa92

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You may use HikConnect Teams on your client account, therefor he can change time via teams as well other settings if necessary.

You can also create NVR local account and if he uses TV, he can set basic stuffs there as well.

Other than that, i dont usually agree with giving user access to configuration. Only one way to give it is to negotiate end of support warranty if its proven user made changes that broke the system.

regarding the DNS server. I noticed some do work well with google DNS some do not. But in almost all the cases i set DNS server same as Gateway. So the router provides the DNS to the device, and add google as secondary(even if secondary DNS never actually worked on hikvision :D)

There can be one more problem: User router is behind CG NAT and depending on ISP configurations may vary. Some are heavily blocked behind private IP and some arent. This caused so many problems already, and still continue to do so.