Hikvision IVMS Playback failed Error Code open SDK String Error 105 - Playback failed

slot99

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, i have a Hikvision DVR 7208 HQHI, everything worked find for months, now without ! any changes, IVMS 4200 (no changes done too) tell me this, when i try to watch recorded Videofiles over the IVMS client:

Hikvision DVR Playback failed Error Code open SDK String Error 105 - Playback failed

When i go over the network straight to the DVR i can watch this recorded files, on the montior that is connected to the DVR, only IVMS 4200 on the PC tell me this error.

Nothing was changed, in one moment it dosent work anymore (the playback over IVMS)
Sorry for my English, iam from Germany.
Hope you understand whats the problem.
Regards

Brendan

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I am having the same issue! I just noticed that the recorded video clips listed on the right of the screen are not in chronological order (see picture below). This seems to be causing the system to throw a string error. If you narrow your time span to include only 1 clip, it will play the recorded clip.

This is only occurring on devices that are Hik-Connect, local devices (on the same LAN as the iVMS-2400 client software) work fine.

Can anyone explain where this is coming from? It was working fine until recently. Capture.PNG

Thanks. Brendan

slot99

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Brendan, thats the same Problem over here, the files are not correct chronological, only by Hik devices, via Lan everything okay. Hikvision support is shxt ! No help.. wrote to UK,.com and Europe... no help !

Brendan

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello? Can anyone on this forum help us? Are slot99 and myself the only ones having this bizarre behaviour of our iVMS clients?
Thanks.

mycatjest

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
same here guys, new member, new install , in the uk, and installed last week,

remote playback over the internet via hik connect same error,

local lan playback no error

convinced its a hik connect issue somehow

Reaction score
This is a known problem that will be fixed with Hikvisions next IVMS upgrade. The is a OpenNetStream.dll file that needs to be updated in the C:\Program Files\iVMS-4200 Station\iVMS-4200\iVMS-4200 directory. If you email me at FredWentworth@NewEnglandcctv.com with your email, I can send you the file.
We have had to do this for every client using Hik-Connect for remote viewing/ playback in the past 6 weeks or so. Its a simple fix.

adanius

n3wb
Reaction score
This is a known problem that will be fixed with Hikvisions next IVMS upgrade. The is a OpenNetStream.dll file that needs to be updated in the C:\Program Files\iVMS-4200 Station\iVMS-4200\iVMS-4200 directory. If you email me at FredWentworth@NewEnglandcctv.com with your email, I can send you the file.
We have had to do this for every client using Hik-Connect for remote viewing/ playback in the past 6 weeks or so. Its a simple fix.
Hi @FredWentworth, can you send me the file? I have the same problem!

Last edited:

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Cant you just upload the file, so anyone can download?