Hikvision junction box alternative

timm

n3wb
Reaction score
I am looking for an alternative junction box for the cameras I just purchased. The one posted on the spec sheet seems to be expensive for just a junction box.
The camera model is DS-2CD2746G1-IZS
Junction box is DS-1280ZJ-DM55
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am looking for an alternative junction box for the cameras I just purchased. The one posted on the spec sheet seems to be expensive for just a junction box.
The camera model is DS-2CD2746G1-IZS
Junction box is DS-1280ZJ-DM55
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Maybe @Sean Nelson of Nelly's Security can get you a spec sheet so you can compare dimensions with this one ==>> here.

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
These are the recommended mounts per Hikvison's website. Most mounts start at $20-$30 a piece

Attachments

nosnim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You could just use a regular jbox from Home Depot or Lowe's.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You could just use a regular jbox from Home Depot or Lowe's.
It's just that his camera is almost 6" in diameter, the standard round boxes at Lowe's and HD are 4-1/4".
Do you know of any round ones there that are 6" or more in diameter? I doubt that he wants a square box.

nosnim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's just that his camera is almost 6" in diameter, the standard round boxes at Lowe's and HD are 4-1/4".
Do you know of any round ones there that are 6" or more in diameter? I doubt that he wants a square box.
I use square ones, but I get what're stating, if he is going for asthetics too, then he would probably want round jboxes which would be hard to find in that 6 in range.