Hikvision motion detection and push notifications

Skycatcher

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a DS-7616NI-K1 (B) running V4.30.085 build 210409.

I’ve got a mix of Reolink E1 Zooms and HWC-C120 cams.

The older v3 firmware allowed me to use motion detection with the Reolink cams but since the v4 firmware, all I get is an illegal function when trying to activate/deactivate motion detection on those.

The Hikvision cams continue to work with motion detection without problems.

I assume there isn’t I can do about this besides downgrading?

The second issue is push notifications. The cameras and nvr are their own sandboxed vlan. Opening TCP 7200 gets push notifications to the iVMS 4500 app on my iPhone. Same for port 80 to push.reolink.com for the reolink app.

The hik connect app isn’t receiving any notifications though and the router isn’t even trying to send them out it seems.

Both iVMS and hik connect app have notifications turned on.

I set up the nvr manually with IP/domain set to my local IP and I can see videos and playback anything I like, just no notifications on the hik connect.

Is there a setting or reason that the nvr is sending them to the iVMS but not the connect app?

Also there doesn’t seem to be a notification history? I get 5 push notifications in iVMS and when I open the app it will just have the latest event sitting there. I was expecting all the unread events to sit there in a list.

I would appreciate any insight as I’m new to the whole CCTV setup and maybe haven’t an obvious answer.

Thanks