HIKVision Nightmate

Reaction score
Hi, new to this forum/site.
Had a HIKVISION IVMS 4200 NVR installed with 5 cameras some months ago by a cable installer. He had cut a heap of cables in the roof and caused some grief so he was "unhired" once the system was in.

I have the NVR connected to my TV through HDMI and can view the images from each (despite the terrible resolution of 1.3mp). I have trouble navigating around this platform and can configure it quite well; however, the IVMS 4200 software on my PC is another story. No 2 YOUTUBE videos seem to show the same version of setup. I have followed the to a T but when it comes to adding the device (device management page) when I enter the details into the pop up window I keep getting an incorrect username or password dialog pop up. The tutorials do no specifyf if the username and password (below the nickname) are the details for IVMS or the NVR ot whatever. I have tried several combinations but to no avail.

I have had this system for 10 months and all but given up trying to network it. I have it connected directly to the wireless modem/router via a CAT5e cable and not even the SADP tool will recognise it. When I check the traffic on the NVR it is showing up as having a network and when I open IVMS 4200 software it shows 1 device (but I can't add it as mentioned above). Again, following the tutorials is fruitless because of the incorrect password / username dialog (NCNetSDK.dll 1).

Furthermore, we have had 3 breakins in our street in the last 3 weeks and because the installer forgot to supply and install 3 out of the 8 cameras I have 3 soare ports in the NVR. I purcahsed a 5mp bullet IP camera with the IR range I need but it simply will not be recognised when it is Hooked up to the NVR. I even tried replacing one of the current HIKVision Cameras and plugging the IP camera into that and it is not recognised.

Any help that anyone can give would be greatly appreciated (especially by my partner as she is getting tired of me sitting up at night cursing whilst trying to configure/fix this thing).

Fruit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The details when you add the device should be the NVR's login and password. Try to make a new user account on the machine then add it to ivms4200 in case something's wrong with the admin account.

if your 5 MP ip bullet is not hikvision it might not work.
I would plug in the hikvision camera then default the machine if it doesn't show up...usually fixes the connection issue.

Reaction score
Thanks mate. The new user seemed to have worked in relation to adding the device (didn't come up with a password or login fault).

Might have to return the other camera.

Reaction score
Are there any other cameras other than HIKVision that can be configured for this system?

Surely with an IP address and port settings the NVR can find the cameras despite its brand/manufacturer.

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you are using iVMS-4200 as a NVR (there is an old version called iVMS-4200 PC NVR) then the answer is NO, that's the free software from Hikvision to use a computer as a NVR, but of course it only supports their own cameras.