Hikvision - no resource

TFBUNDY

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have a Hikvision NVR - ds-7608n-e2/8p (8channel poe) when I display the cameras in multi screen 2*2 (4 camera display) cameras 1 & 4 come up wih "no resource" displayed???

Even though I click on cameras 1 & 4 to enlarge cameras full screen & they appear fine & are recording fine?

If I change cameras into any other camera display they work fine except or 2*2 - 4 camera display????

NVR firmware version 3.3.4

Regardless what cameras plugged into 1 or 4 they will display as "no resource"

I have tried changing the resolution and still nothing.

Tried factory default nothing????

Can anyone help please how to fix this???

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have a Hikvision NVR - ds-7608n-e2/8p (8channel poe) when I display the cameras in multi screen 2*2 (4 camera display) cameras 1 & 4 come up wih "no resource" displayed???

Even though I click on cameras 1 & 4 to enlarge cameras full screen & they appear fine & are recording fine?

If I change cameras into any other camera display they work fine except or 2*2 - 4 camera display????

NVR firmware version 3.3.4

Regardless what cameras plugged into 1 or 4 they will display as "no resource"

I have tried changing the resolution and still nothing.

Tried factory default nothing????

Can anyone help please how to fix this???

Did you ever get this fixed as I have the same issue with a deployment?

shaoalan79

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had the same problem before. I think it is the 'substream' setting in the NVR and the cameras got messed up.

1. Log into the NVR, double check all 4 CH's substream setting, the 'max bitrate' shouldn't be too much, in my case, I set all of them at '512k'
2. Log into those 2 cameras, double check the substream setting, the 'max bitrate' shouldn't exceed '512k'.

I had your problem before. One of my camera showing 'no resource' in 'multi screen' mode, but working fine in 'single screen' mode. Somehow, i found out that its 'max bitrate' was set at '2048k'. When cameras asking for too much 'max bitrate' from the NVR, the NVR will tell them to 'shut up' and show 'no resource'

Please try and let me know if my experience is correct. Thx.