Hikvision NVR backup not working

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a Hikvision NVR DS-7600-K which has two cameras connected to it and it is recording to the local NVR HDD with no problems.

However when I try to backup footage from the NVR to a hard drive of a computer on the same local network, it fails.

I am using the Remote Net Backup software. And when I try to perform a backup I get 'Connecting to device Exception' (screenshot attached). The strange thing is that this was working with no problems up until a couple of days ago and as far as I can tell, nothing has changed in the meantime.

I definitely can connect to the NVR via the iVMS software. I can select the NVR as a device and add it successfully to a group. I have also configured the local router so that the local IP of the NVR is static so it never changed. So there is nothing fundamentally wrong with the connection to the NVR. And yet, RemoteNetBackup cannot seem to connect to it.

The log pictured in the attached screenshot is not very informative. Is there anyway to make this logging more verbose?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

Reaction score
Solved

I quit the RemoteNetBackup program and started it again. I got a new error saying 'Create Storage Error' which indicated a problem with the drive on the local PC where I was trying to copy to. I checked it for any issues or problems with free space - no problems. The only thing on the entire drive was an empty folder called 'RecordFile'.

But that folder seemed to be the problem. I deleted it, and restarted the RemoteNetBackup program again and I got no error this time. I tried a Manual Backup again and worked fine.

So the only reason I can think of why that happened is that I re-created the backup schedule a few days ago. When I did that, I also deleted everything on the PC drive apart from that 'RecordFile' folder. So presumably, when you create a new backup schedule from scratch in RemoteNetBackup, it tries to create a folder called RecordFile itself. And because there already was one, even though it was empty, it failed?

Last edited: