Hikvision NVR FW on Amcrest NVR?

whobutni

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
FWIW, the instructions from @Shockwave199 that can be found with the link you provided have the PC or laptop connected to a POE port on the NVR, not to the NVR's LAN port as you discuss. His method assumes the POE NVR provides a virtual server (most do) for the cams on a different subnet.
I solved the problem….. I took a chance and flashed the NVR FW to Dahua’s and I can access the cameras via the NVR now. Seems as if the Amcrest FW wasn’t enabling virtual host even though it was enabled.

thank you all

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
FWIW, the instructions from @Shockwave199 that can be found with the link you provided have the PC or laptop connected to a POE port on the NVR, not to the NVR's LAN port as you discuss. His method assumes the POE NVR provides a virtual server (most do) for the cams on a different subnet.
Hi TonyR

I hear ya.

I should have been more descriptive when i said also see what i ment was also try shockwave's way lol. When i got my nvr not that long ago i tried the networking method i had tried when installing an Eaton / Scantronic alarm system. That is where the screen grab comes from and i hoped it might have explained things better than i could.

If that way hadn't worked i was going to try shockwaves way myself.

My third option involved 25m of cable. 2 x rj45 plugs. A Set of crimpers and a ladder lol

Thankfully none of the 2 of us had to go there

Griswald

whobutni

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi TonyR

I hear ya.

I should have been more descriptive when i said also see what i ment was also try shockwave's way lol. When i got my nvr not that long ago i tried the networking method i had tried when installing an Eaton / Scantronic alarm system. That is where the screen grab comes from and i hoped it might have explained things better than i could.

If that way hadn't worked i was going to try shockwaves way myself.

My third option involved 25m of cable. 2 x rj45 plugs. A Set of crimpers and a ladder lol

Thankfully none of the 2 of us had to go there

Griswald
yep thank you for the suggestion!