Hikvision NVR & iVMS Software

Reaction score
Hi all,

New to Hikvision and their iVMS software. Just sold a camera addition for one of my existing customers. He currently has (16) IP cam's and NVR being fed from a 16-Port POE switch that he purchased online and installed himself.

I'm adding (9) Hikvision camera's and a DS-7616NI-E2/16P NVR.

My question is as follows:

If I utilize the iVMS software, can I integrate his existing cameras/NVR into this software along with my new installation so that he may view all cameras through the software? Or am I just better off networking the new install in the web browser format for local and remote viewing? He currently does not have his existing camera's networked for local or remote either, only local at the existing NVR and monitor. If I need to use the browser format then I will he'll need to pull up two separate browser for viewing each system.

Thank you in advance!

Reaction score
you can use the ivms software connect both system.
Ok, thanks. Pretty easy to figure out on integrating his existing into the iVMS? Will I just be inputting the IP address of his existing NVR into the software? Then he will be able to perform all functions on that NVR as well?

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
iVMS-4200 will only work with Hikvision devices. So no, bad news for you, but you can not use it to connect to both systems (unless his old NVR is also a Hikvision unit, which I doubt).

Reaction score
iVMS-4200 will only work with Hikvision devices. So no, bad news for you, but you can not use it to connect to both systems (unless his old NVR is also a Hikvision unit, which I doubt).
Nope, not Hikvision. He purchased from cctv pro's online. Ok, so basically, he will need to utilize two (2) separate browsers, etc for viewing each system, correct? No sense in even bothering with the iVMS for 9 cameras and 1 NVR on the Hikvision side.

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Nope, not Hikvision. He purchased from cctv pro's online. Ok, so basically, he will need to utilize two (2) separate browsers, etc for viewing each system, correct? No sense in even bothering with the iVMS for 9 cameras and 1 NVR on the Hikvision side.
I forgot to mention both nvr have to be hikvision in order to work with 4200.

Reaction score
Correct and not large enough site to go with a server. Thanks everyone.

PS The 4200 really wouldn't be advantageous for this site with only (9) Hikvision camera's and more suitable to utilize a browser, correct?