HikVision NVR Model S-7608NI-I2 / 8P

MrCaspan

n3wb
Reaction score
So we picked up this NVR for our org and everything seems to be great with it other than we want to install our SSL certificate on the box but cannot seem to find a way to do it. When I go to the Config > Network > Advanced Connection > Network Connection it shows the following

Capture.PNG

You can see that the option to delete the self signed certificate is grayed out. When I refresh that page I see for about 2 seconds an option to generate a CSR or a self signed then this page covers it up. When I do see that page it says that HTTP is off. So this would make me believe that you cannot change the SSL while using HTTP to access it. I have gone to the physical machine and plugged in a KVM and there are no options to disable HTTP or to set the SSL on that interface. I called HikVision support and they said sorry we cannot help with SSL issues, to which I explained its not an SSL issue it's an interface issue that wont let remove the self-signed one. They didn't care and told me sorry that's all we can tell you. It's updated to the latest firmware version I tried disabling HTTPS to ensure it was not using the SSL certificate and still no go and I am kind of stumped. Any suggestions would be appreciated

MrCaspan

n3wb
Reaction score
Actually it looks like I finally got it to work. I had to disable the SDK and reboot the machine. Now I am trying to upload my PEM file that we have for our SSL and I just get an "upload failed" error I have tried IE in Admin mode and the plugin installed and nothing.

mikhailf

n3wb
Reaction score
did you ever find the solution? i occasionally come back to this issue trying to install our CA signed certificate on hikvision nvr and every time it fails to "upload".