Hikvision NVR options for LPR camera

texaner

n3wb
Reaction score
After having been sold a "Q" series NVR (did not work out well) I am trying to decide on a Hikvision NVR that is most optimized for the following camera and my use case (I'm returning the "Q" series NVR):

IDS-2CD7A46G0/P-IZHSY 8-32MM

Here is my use case:
  • Capture pictures (not videos) of license plates and other vehicle details (make, model, color, etc).
  • I do not need notifications based on detections. I will be searching already captured images.
  • I need a good tool to search (from a remote location) for vehicle and license plate details from images that have been captured and decoded. I may have up to 8 of these LPR cameras connected to the NVR.
  • I plan to add the NVR and cameras in iVMS-4200 using hik-connect.
  • Having remote access to the configuration for the camera and NVR is also important (using iVMS-4200, etc).
  • Also, my cameras will be in different locations than the NVR. I plan to connect each camera to the NVR using the public IP address assigned to each router (at camera location) and utilize port forwarding. Or if it works better, I read that using hik-connect domain (www.hik-connect.com/DeviceDomain) may also be an option for connecting the cameras to the NVR, but I haven't tried that approach.
Can you please suggest a few Hikvision NVR options for me that would be optimal for the camera and my use case (pros and cons, etc).

Thank you in advance!

texaner

n3wb
Reaction score
After research and recommendations from Hikvision, I went with the M series DVR: DS-7608NI-M2/8P