Hikvision NVR w/v4.0 GUI video/clip extract useless

oz28

n3wb
Reaction score
I few days ago my CCTV install has completed and now I am learning about my system. It has a Hikvision DS-7732NI-I4-16 NVR and a couple of DS-2CD2347G2-LSU/SL 4 MP Gen2 ColorVu turret cameras with Acusense. The NVR runs v4.0 GUI.

I hope that someone can help with how to export recorded videos as it stands now I am finding it useless.

In playback mode I marked/cut a section of the recording, then clicked Export to bring up the "Export Clip" dialog. First of all choosing "Video" is meaningless because at playback time the PC complains about missing codecs. So really the choice is only "Video and Player" that in turn will get the VS PLayer onto the PC. After selecting the "Video and player" option the "Path Settings" page loads, which has at the bottom the choice of "MP4" or "AVI" format. When the AVI is selected ultimately I receive the error message that "The backup file doesn't support the selected format". I think this is very poor. How can Hikvision include a half finished application interface in their product? Never the less, now I really only have the option of "Video and player" in "MP4" format, so I proceed.
More surprise comes when one try to play back the saved clip on the PC. I don't know if the issue is related to motion sensing or something else or how to resolve the problem, but during the recorded playback 'adjacent green rectangles flicker' on/off on anything moving, like people and vehicles that in turn makes the recording useless, I couldn't recognize my own mother or car doesn't matter how hard I try.

Can someone explain me what's going on and how to solve this so I can actually identify things in the recording?

Attachments

oz28

n3wb
Reaction score
Than
When playing the exported video on the computer, you cannot see the event with your setting rule if the player you use is not VSPlayer. So you can download the Vsplayer player on Hikvision's official website to view the event rules box, run the player, and click VCA in the lower left corner to see the event rules normally.

You can plug the U disk into the NVR to export the recorded video, the default format is MP4 format

If there are other problems, you can take a picture of the setting interface or take a video to us see what the problem is, and at the same time, let us know the NVR firmware version.
ks for the reply.
In the meantime I worked out using VLC Player (a free s/ware) that doesn't cause any issues, doesn't require anything additional or plug-ins. It's simple and easy to use, no complicated Hikvision player for me.