Hikvision NVR - Web based LIVE VIEW issues

jenn727

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Hikvision DS-7676 at a remote office and it has been working fine on the remote office LAN. I wanted to access the web server of the NVR to do LIVE VIEW and PLAYBACK from our main office. I secured the system by restricting/defining the soure and destionation IP for NAT. Only people in my main office would be able to hit the NVR from outside. There is no IPSEC VPN between the two offices. I have a static IP at the remote office and I created a DNS, so I can hit the site via . When that page loads I can see everything except the cameras in LIVE VIEW or PLAYBACK. I think the issue is the cameras are defined to connect to the NVR via a 192.168.5.X IP, which I can't see from outside, but works fine on the LAN.

2020-01-13 11_30_00-Configuration - Internet Explorer.png

On the other hand I can see the camera from outside if I use the port of the camera in the URL; to 65016 does allow me to login local to the camera and see LIVE VIEW, but I can't do a PLAYBACK from the NVR. Can I configure the cameras to connect via the DNS name to the NVR and not the IP address? This might fix my issue.
2020-01-13 11_30_28-Live View - Internet Explorer.png

Thanks much...

Jim