Hikvision panocam and hikvision NVR. How to enable/detect external microphone

Reaction score
I have a Hikvision DS-2CD2387G2P-LSU/SL ColorVu 8MP Panoramic Turret IP Camera and a DS-7604NXI-K1/AP NVR, but I cannot get them to work with or detect an external mic being plugged in. I have tried the hikvision branded external microphone just to avoid an questions of compatibility, but it never worked and now and am trying a microseven microphone. Picture below is the wiring i am doing. I cannot even get a crackle from the external microphone and the camera will only use the onboard microphone. Does anyone know the trick to enabling external microphones on hikvision?

1716152167668.png

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a Hikvision DS-2CD2387G2P-LSU/SL ColorVu 8MP Panoramic Turret IP Camera and a DS-7604NXI-K1/AP NVR, but I cannot get them to work with or detect an external mic being plugged in. I have tried the hikvision branded external microphone just to avoid an questions of compatibility, but it never worked and now and am trying a microseven microphone. Picture below is the wiring i am doing. I cannot even get a crackle from the external microphone and the camera will only use the onboard microphone. Does anyone know the trick to enabling external microphones on hikvision?

View attachment 194872
On the camera the audio should be set to Line In vs Mic In. For best compatibility use G.711ulaw audio encoding. Wiring should be like this as seen in my photo based on the hardware on hand.

Attachments

Reaction score
For the benefit of others these are other methods of wiring an external microphone when 12 VDC vs POE Splitter is being used.
Thank you, would a hikvision camera automatically switch to the external microphone if wired properly? I wire it just like your photos, but it still insists to use the onboard crappy microphone. Is there some software setting you must change on the NVR side?

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Thank you, would a hikvision camera automatically switch to the external microphone if wired properly? I wire it just like your photos, but it still insists to use the onboard crappy microphone. Is there some software setting you must change on the NVR side?
Have you selected Line In vs Mic In on the camera? Make that change through the cameras web interface NOT through the NVR.

Ensure you use Internet Explorer to access and to make the change.