Hikvision PTRZ Dome Cameras

GentlePumpkin

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
New ptz cams in a slightly larger dome housing: DS-2CD2746G2H - Interesting...

But then the datasheet says: Max 1000 ptz cycles. Is this the expected time to mechanical failure?
1726870471610.png

And miraculously 4, 6 and 8 MP all have the same sensor size ;)
1726870728665.png
Also available as hybrid (ir/white light) where half of the ir leds are replaced by white light. I've got careful with Color night vision since the image in my experience is most of the time way more "washed out" then Ir illuminated images.

So night-image wise the 4MP would be most interesting. I don't trust the 0.0008 Lux at all since even among Hikvision product these ratings are completely inconsistent in my experience.
I haven't used domes outdoors to omit the reflection risk. Did that get better? With these models they advertise "moving" light shades.

Price ranges around 280 USD.

• I'm interested in your thoughts on this.
  • Maybe you already had hands on these new models.
  • what average use case cams would you select from Hikvision portfolio today?

trempa92

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes the 1000 cycle will lead to mechanical failure as i got the information. This is expected lifespan of either motor or rubber. Eitherway these are not meant to work as standard PTZ cameras, this options are presented only as installation time saving for image angle corrections.
The hybrid option is already well known 2nd generation of G5 platform cameras.

Dome for outdoor? I would never use Dome for outdoor and i will always go with turret or bullet.

The ones that i can suggest are:

DS-2CD2387G2-L (ColorVu 8MP 1/1.2 sensor size)
DS-2CD2347G2H-LIU (4MP Hybrid IR/White light 1/1.8 sensor size)

These are my go to cameras.

Cheers