Hikvision PTZ Network Dome Camera

Bill MD

n3wb
Reaction score
I am new to survellience cameras and am considering buying a couple of Hikvision DS-2DE4A425IW-DE Outdoor PTZ Network Dome cameras. If the camera needs to pan a couple of times each minute, how long will the motor mechanism hold up? I don't want to go the PTZ approach if the motor mechanism will only last a couple of years. Also, I am able to flush mount to very sturdy soffit, does the camera come with the hardware necessary for a simple overhead mounting (no telescoping required). Thank you.

Reaction score
Simple part first, most cameras don’t come with mounting hardware. But a simple installation maybe just require screws, but then there is the drilling holes for wire for power/ signal, etc.
I have several ptz but they only move on my command. I think it’s a misapplication to plan to move that often. Who’s going to review that much data? I think motion detection would consider each move a “ motion detection “. Two of my Hik ptz are on auto track and move a lot but not every 30 secs. I have had no ptz failures in 20 camera - years. 10 cameras , max 2 years old.